Island weddings are definitely something very special; The scenery is always stunning, and beautifully compliments the special day.
Whilst I have shot many weddings, be they huge events or small family affairs, I love to specialise in elopements and small, bespoke ceremonies.
The more relaxed and often very fun after-ceremony shoots are a particular favourite.
Prior to the big day, discussing all the needs of the couple is most important. Finding out what each couple want, from pre-ceremony shots, special keep-sakes, even loyal fur-babies, to any unusual or traditional moments that mustn’t be missed. Whatever makes it that extra bit special and unique to you, is what I strive to capture.
Delivering the right style and mood of image is also very important. Discussing this, and getting creative with the special couple is one of the most fun aspect of planning the shots. I will often shoot a few shots with every intention of making them a black and white image. The colour shot may be great, but often it’s the B&W version that really stands out.
I also like to be sent images as examples. It can really help with understanding the couple’s vision for their big day. I am happy to share some of my shots too. Being able to demonstrate that I know my craft is good for everyone involved!
Some recent images can be seen here.
You can contact me directly using the contact form.
As well as this, you can book through Kelly Joy at Eronda Ceremonies. She is a very experienced celebrant with many years of intimate Island knowledge!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeFamily
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Medium Group
Magnetic Island is an amazing location, and a beautiful backdrop for your special day.
Easily accessible beaches and picturesque bays surrounded by the rich colours of the hoop pines and granite boulders, there are many great locations to choose from.
If you already know the perfect location for your ceremony that’s great. But if you wish to spend a couple of hours with me, I can show you some of the great spots we have here on “Maggie”.
As well as some amazing ceremony locations, there are many great places for the after-ceremony ‘brochure’ shots, that I love to capture.
Then it’s a simple matter of booking the date and making it happen!
Each wedding is different and usually quote bespoke, but in general, the following will be included:
- Prior to the wedding; A fun, friendly hour or two, showing you around the island, taking you to some of my favourite potential ceremony and after-ceremony locations.
- Pre-ceremony photographs at your accommodation.
- The ceremony itself.
- After-ceremony posed photographs with family & friends.
- The wedding couple’s ‘brochure’ shots at up to 2 additional locations.
- Images delivered via FTP for print and web, with an agreed selected number of images edited for mood (eg; Black and White, cross-process).
For the location-visit (if desired) please come prepared for an hour or two out and about outdoors. Make sure that you have applied sunblock, have a hat and good footwear, and some water.
- Travel insurance and other emergency coverage.
- Food and refreshments.
- Extensive editing or compositing (‘photoshopping’) of elements into or from images, unless agreed to beforehand.
- A guarantee of perfect weather, and no crying babies!