Winter has now gone, and the warm Summer days are here. We are still blessed with some amazing Horseshoe Bay and West Point sunsets though! Both spots have been perfect for some of the most stunning sunset photography I have ever had the pleasure to conduct. On this sunset introduction photography class, we will start off by understanding the basics of photography and the exposure triangle. You’ll also learn more about your camera settings, and begin to understand exposure, metering and the controls of your camera.
After you’ve got a good grasp of the that, we will then crack on with some shots. We will look at composition and putting your camera though its paces!
We will enjoy the beauty of the sunset at Horseshoe Bay whilst shooting some great sunset photography. Following on from this sunset introduction, if you’re wanting more, you can take the Advanced Sunset Photography course.
Currently there are no specific dates set, as I have found most people contact me to request their own class. So please feel free to email me, or call/sms/WhatsApp on 0436 289 402 to discuss your bespoke class.
OK, Let’s get out and SHOOT!
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Leisurely
Group Size Small Group
Yes, I am total sucker for sunsets. I have shot the sunsets almost every year for the past 10 years, and although many seem similar, I believe all are stunning and unique.
Sunsets are popular to photograph. However, often many a sunset lover is unhappy with the image they’ve taken not matching the scene they see.
I want to help change that! Regardless of what camera you use, sunsets at Horseshoe Bay are worthy of capturing almost every evening during the winter months. The warmer months are still worthwhile too, they’re just often not as common or as vibrant… But still beautiful.
I can help you get the best out of your camera to take an image you’ll be proud of. It just involves a little bit of understanding your camera. Sometimes even ignoring what it thinks it should be doing, and getting it to to do what you want it to do!
As with almost all of the shoots I conduct, I am happy to tailor them to suit the individual needs of the photographer. Just let me know what you’re wanting to do, learn, shoot etc. Also, what gear you have, and/or what you’d like to try out. I have a fair bit of gear that can be put to good use.
The following will be included:
- A fun, friendly evening out in a casual yet professional environment.
- Some spare/back-up camera equipment on a first-come first-served basis; tripods and a few different standard cameras and lenses.
- A fully guided lesson at one of the best spots for sunset photography. The main grassy area at Horseshoe Bay is easily accessible to all, and a perfect location to shoot from.
- Patient and clear guidance on how to get the most out of your photography gear and how to use the best techniques for the style of sunset photography you wish to do.
Please come prepared for an exciting evening out. Make sure that you can carry anything you need for the duration. In the winter, bring warm clothing. Bring a tripod if you have one. The following is not included:
- Travel insurance and other emergency coverage.
- Food and refreshments.
- Photography equipment beyond what gear I have available, as listed above.